For most of us, work is known as our second home. Therefore, we need to have manners both in and out of the office. Typically, the office space is shrinking to maximize space, so workspaces tend to be “open” or “collaborative” spaces.
Below are 10 key rules to keep in mind while at work:
- Be on time: being punctual sends the message that you care and want to be there.
- Don’t come to work if you’re sick: if you are contagious be mindful of your colleagues and work from home.
- Keep your phone on silent: keep your phone on vibrate because the ringtone can be extremely distracting.
- Don’t be too loud: keep in mind your volume either on the phone or speaking with a colleague. Be respectful of everyone’s office space.
- Dress appropriately: most companies have a dress code, but if your company does not then follow your manager and the tone of the office.
- Neat Office/Workspace: keeping your workspace/office neat and clean shows you are organized and care about your work and coworkers.
- Don’t interrupt your colleagues– this projects that you do not respect what the other person is saying.
- Don’t take personal call at your desk: no one wants to hear about the drama going on in your personal life. Remember TMI (Too Much Information) is not a good idea.
- Share credit: Sharing credit is a vital to being a team player.
- Office email should be formal: Remember you are not sending a text message you are sending a corporate email. Also, most companies store their employee’s emails for ears, and can access that at any time.
If you find that an office furniture purchase is in the cards for 2020, call 732-641-2791 or visit our showroom in Monroe to see our selection of office furniture in person!