How to Find an Ergonomic Office Desk?
A well designed ergonomic office desk will allow the user to make adjustments in their posture throughout the work day in order to promote blood flow and alleviate tension caused by repetitive tasks. The ergonomic desk should also allow ample space for all items that are needed within a close proximity without forcing the user to make an awkward movement to grab or adjust something.
The ergonomic computer desk should also provide the user with sufficient space underneath the computer desk to allow for leg movement with no restrictions. It is not a necessity to have a height adjustment option for your computer desk to be ergonomic. The proper height for an ergonomic office desk is between 26”-30”. If there is not a height adjustment option, then it is vital to have an adjustable keyboard tray that can correct the positioning of your arms, wrists and elbows while typing.
Quick tips for your ergonomic workstation
- Position monitor arm or computer screen at the correct viewing angle. Place the monitor directly in front of you, at least 20 inches away.
- Have all items that are frequently used throughout the day in close proximity with easy accessibility.
- Pad table edges, use a wrist rest or try to purchase furniture with rounded desktop edges.
- Allow for appropriate space underneath the computer desk for the user to frequently change positions while working. Keep this area free from items that will restrict movement.
- If the work surface is too high and cannot be lowered, use an ergonomic office chair to provide the correct positioning. For users under 5’2” we recommend using an ergonomic foot rest with most ergonomic office chairs.